Lithium-iron-phosphate technology Li-FePO4 (LFP) combines the advantages of large capacity, high current efficiency, long cycle and calendar life, and safe use. LFP cells have a nominal voltage of 3.2V – 3.3V. The designed lifetime of the cells reaches several thousand full charge/discharge cycles and up to 15 years of calendar life under optimal conditions.
LFP technology cells show increased resistance to improper operating conditions compared to other technologies in the lithium-ion group. They require the use of appropriate protection systems for their operation, in line with the good design and production practice of safe power systems based on lithium batteries.
LFP cells are particularly suitable for long-life cyclic applications requiring stable and reliable operation in a wide range of applications. They are an excellent replacement for the most common lead-acid batteries.
Characteristics of LFP technology:
- Sealed and maintenance-free batteries with high energy, current efficiency and lifetime,
- High operational safety thanks to high thermal resistance of the LFP technology,
- High unit voltage and low internal resistance translate into high battery efficiency,
- Wide operating temperature range: -20°C to + 60°C,
- Low self-discharge,
- No memory effect, ability to work in any position,
- Selected models of cells can be discharged with a continuous current of up to 30C and charged with a current of up to 4C,
- Environmentally friendly (no heavy metals and poisonous substances).
Applications: electric drive systems, on-board power (boats, campers), telecommunications, energy, industry, medicine, emergency power, alarm systems, evacuation lighting, photovoltaic systems.